Posted - 05/13/2011 : 05:16:39
| Hi All,
- All connection to the SQLMirror was lost.
- Principle DB's went into a (Principle, Disconnected) State.
- Connection between the Witness and Principle was fine.
- No Connection between the (Witness and Mirror) and (Principle and Mirror).
- All databases(Principles) where accessible via SQL Server Management Studio.
- No databases where accessible via applications or websites using a connection string that included the fail-over partner.
- Once the connection to the SQLMIRROR was re-established all connections worked again.
Even though the databases where now stuck in a (Principle, disconnected) state. (This was due to a Log backup happening while the MIRROR was offline).
The Domain Controller also went down during this period. But all Mirroring and DB connections use SQL Authentication.
Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this\ what can resolve this.
We will be bringing up a Backup domain Controller in the same environment as the principle servers.
Any and all feedback is welcome.