Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 Some weird problem while processing dimension

Author  Topic 

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-09 : 02:20:22
I have developed a cube with 5 dims and 3 facts..I am getting errors while processing dim LOCATION..I am getting errors for different attributes like .. the different errors are as follows:

Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
Server: The operation has been cancelled.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim_LOCATION', Name of 'Dim_LOCATION' was being processed.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'CITYP CODE' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXX' database was being processed.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim_LOCATION', Name of 'Dim_LOCATION' was being processed.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'DISTR CHAN' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXX' database was being processed.

I have checked their data types and data sizes in SQL and OLAP..all are same..so I dont get what the error is..one of the attribute LONGITUDE has DOUBLE data type and I am storing negative values in it..is that creating a problem?

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-09 : 08:08:59
Do you have other errors? You will get errors for attributes that hapen to be being processed when the processing fails for some other reason.
Could also try processing sdequentially if it's difficult to isolate.

Might need to delete and add the dimension again - I've had to do that a couple of times because I couldn't find the issue.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-09 : 11:08:02
I deleted the DIM and added it back..still same errors..

I am using SSAS 2008 with MS-SQL RBBMS..

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'COUNTRY' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXXX' database was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'CUSTOMER' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXXXX' database was being processed.

Errors in the high-level relational engine. The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'CITY CODE' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'xxxxx' database was being processed.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'CITYP CODE' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXX' database was being processed.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'DISTR CHAN' attribute of the 'Dim_LOCATION' dimension from the 'XXXX' database was being processed.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: A duplicate attribute key has been found when processing: Table: 'dbo_D_LOCATION', Column: 'LOC_CITY', Value: 'Boise'. The attribute is 'LOC CITY'. (This is a warning)

Please somebody help me..I am not able to find the error here :(

Go to Top of Page

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-09 : 11:45:45
>> Errors in the OLAP storage engine: A duplicate attribute key has been found when processing: Table: 'dbo_D_LOCATION', Column: 'LOC_CITY', Value: 'Boise'. The attribute is 'LOC CITY'. (This is a warning)

Are you expecting this?

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 2011-06-09 : 11:57:51
The problem has been resolved..it seems like if you dont follow the WARNINGs (which we developers often forget to care about), then you will spend most of the time in resolving errrors..I checked the 'LOC CITY' column and there were some values which were repeated in smaller and upper case e.g. Singapore and SINGAPORE..so I changed them all to one standard lower case e.g. Singapore..and the problem was solved :)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -