Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Microsoft SQL Server Studio Management - error msg

Author  Topic 

OWSQL
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-17 : 05:44:38
Hi
Is there a setting in Microsoft SQL Server Studio Management that easily can direct you to the error in a query. Now I get a message that this and that is wrong in line XX. In the setup I have now I cannot see the linenumbers and therefore have to count the lines.
There must be an easier way? How can I get to see the lines?
Thanks in advance!

vaari
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-17 : 07:43:55
You can enable line numbers by going to Tools menu in SSMS

Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Transact-SQL and check the "Line numbers" check box. You can also do this by going to Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All Languages and checking the "Line numbers" check box (this ensures that the line numbers come up always - for T-SQL, text files and XML)

The other option to go to the part of the code where the error occurs is to double-click the error message in the messages pane - it will normally take you to the part of the code where the error is.
Go to Top of Page

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-19 : 06:51:52
You can also just double click on the error message and it will highlight the line it doesn't like

steve

-----------

What color do you want that database?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -