Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 the windows firewall on this machine is currently

Author  Topic 

shaker
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-27 : 05:17:00
I am using MS-SQL server 2008 R2 express edition. In this when i am trying to execute my query i am getting the following error
"the windows firewall on this machine is currently blocking remote debugging.Remote debugging requires that the debugging be allowed to receive information from the network.Remote debugging also requires DCOM (TCP port 135) and IPSEC (UDP 4500/UDP500) be unblocked ".
what is this problem please provide me the solution.

Nmooody

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-27 : 08:01:34
It tells you what the problem is, unblock port 135 and the UDPs it asks for and then see if it works.
Go to Top of Page

steve_r18
Yak Posting Veteran

59 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-27 : 08:17:55
I would at least confirm that this IS a firewall issue. Don't trust every message that comes up on the screen. Turn it off, run your query, then proceed to add the ports such as RickD has suggested.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

shaker
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-27 : 09:56:33
Hi Steve and Rick,

Thanks for you reply.I am a newly born baby in SQL server, please send me procedure how to unblock ports.

Nmooody
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-28 : 04:29:58
Its got nothing to do with SQL, it is in Windows under your firewall.
Go to Top of Page

Seventhnight
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2878 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-28 : 07:27:42
You are clicking the 'Play' button... (aka the Debug button). Trying using F5 or the execute button. Unless of course you really want to debug...

Corey

I Has Returned!!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -