Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 Error in Report Server Database Configuration Wiz

Author  Topic 

goss
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2011-08-25 : 22:22:41
Hi all,

Using SQL Server 2008R2
I'm using the Report Server Database Configuration Wizard attempting to connect to the Database Server.

Server Name: MYLAPTOP
Auth Type: Current User - Integrated Security
Username: MYLAPTOP\goss

When I click on Test Connection, I receive this error.
What do I need to check?

Error:
Could not connect to server: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connections.

I fooled around with firewall settings, but still when I go back to Report Server Database Configuration Wizard I receive the same response.

Kind regards,
-w

rajan.nithin
Starting Member

42 Posts

Posted - 2011-08-26 : 09:59:13
Refer the following link, it may be of help to you

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2009/05/21/sql-server-fix-error-provider-named-pipes-provider-error-40-could-not-open-a-connection-to-sql-server-microsoft-sql-server-error/

quote:
Originally posted by goss

Hi all,

Using SQL Server 2008R2
I'm using the Report Server Database Configuration Wizard attempting to connect to the Database Server.

Server Name: MYLAPTOP
Auth Type: Current User - Integrated Security
Username: MYLAPTOP\goss

When I click on Test Connection, I receive this error.
What do I need to check?

Error:
Could not connect to server: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connections.

I fooled around with firewall settings, but still when I go back to Report Server Database Configuration Wizard I receive the same response.

Kind regards,
-w

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -