Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 bcp utility server problem

Author  Topic 

nd
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-04 : 03:16:24
I have tried to execute..

bcp "select top 7 * from gift..t_data" out "C:\Load\Text1.txt" -T -k -S NTS81B\ISQL01

I got error:

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 17
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
SQLState = 01000, NativeError = 2
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

Now I am remotely working on a server (Lets name it as 'GA100F1'), and I have to use a SQL Server (NTS81B\ISQL01).
In query analyzer i use NTS81B\ISQL01,1433 to connect. and 'gift' is a database name in this server having table 't_data'

Does 'C:\Load\Text1.txt' this path represent location in the server in which i am remotely logged in. Or some other location ?

Can anyone provie me solution as soon as possible. I am new in SQ server.

Thanks

Nee

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-04 : 03:31:55
the path represents the path in server GA100F1. if you want to use path in other server you can specify as a UNC path like \\servername\...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-04 : 05:20:44
"SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

Sounds like there is no "trusted" / Windows Authentication permission from your PC to SQL server ?

If you have a SQL Login that you could use instead there are parameters for BCP for that purpose.
Go to Top of Page

nd
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-04 : 10:31:40
Thank you both for responses.

Kristen, I have SQL Login, but it is a windows authentication based login to the SQL Server. Hence I think I have "Trusted Connection".

Nee
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -