Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Connecting to MS SQL server via Active Perl

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 09:37:37
ezwired writes "Hello Folks,
Does anyone have an example code to connect to MS SQL server using Active Perl(My Scripting Language). Im running I Planet webserver on Windows 2000.
any help is appreciated..
thanks
-ezwired"

setbasedisthetruepath
Used SQL Salesman

992 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 09:49:51
quote:

ezwired writes "Hello Folks,
Does anyone have an example code to connect to MS SQL server using Active Perl(My Scripting Language). Im running I Planet webserver on Windows 2000.
any help is appreciated..
thanks
-ezwired"

Perl ... the best write-only language ever made ...

setBasedIsTheTruepath
<O>
Go to Top of Page

Arnold Fribble
Yak-finder General

1961 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 10:28:21
Nonsense, it's got nothing on
Unlambda

Answering the question, use the DBI module and DBD:ODBC (or DBD:ADO) driver, or Win32::ODBC, or use Win32::OLE to create ADO connections -- there's something of a trade-off between database independence and functionality, with DBI being more DB-independent and Win32::ODBC being more functional.
I don't know any of this stuff, it's just that there's a copy of Programming the Perl DBI by Alligator Descartes* and Tim Bunce on the desk next to mine.

* Yes, this is a bloody silly nom de plume, but it makes a kind of sense if you know his real name.

Edited by - Arnold Fribble on 06/05/2002 10:31:09
Go to Top of Page

setbasedisthetruepath
Used SQL Salesman

992 Posts

Posted - 2002-06-05 : 10:40:47
Oh my god. I read the Unlambda fibonacci sequence example and spent the next twenty minutes trying in vain to scratch my eyeballs out

setBasedIsTheTruepath
<O>
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -