Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 High Availability (2008)
 SQL 2008 Mirroring problem

Author  Topic 

DavidBuisson
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2011-09-13 : 04:42:44
Hello,

I have two instances of SQL 2008 SP2 standard in the same subnet hosted on two Windows 2008 R2 in workgroup mode.

The two instances of SQL 2008 SP2 and SQL Server Agent are executed with the 'NETWORK SERVICE' account.

I use authentication based on certificates for connections between endpoints mirror.

I use the 7024 port for mirroring and file Host Name Resolution for SQL servers.

After creating endpoints, certificates and user connections for connection, when I try to initiate the mirroring I get errors:

-----------------------------------
Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The server network address "TCP: / / preprod1: 7024" can not Be Reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and the ports for That the local and remote endpoints are Operational.
-----------------------------------

If I look in the application logs, I have the following errors:

-------------------
Error: 9650, Severity: 16, State: 3.
-------------------
A cryptographic system call failed DURING a Service Broker or Database Mirroring operation: system error '5 (failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105) '.
-------------------
Error: 9641, Severity: 16, State: 1.
-------------------
A cryptographic operation failed. This error has serious problem Indicate with SQL Server. Check the SQL Server error log and the Windows event logs for Further information.
-------------------
Database Mirroring login Attempt failed with error: 'Connection handshake failed. An OS call failed: (0) (null). State 53. '. [CLIENT: 192.168.61.51]
-------------------
Error: 1474, Severity: 16, State: 1.
-------------------
Database mirroring connection error 5 'Connection handshake failed. An OS call failed: (0) (null). State 53. " for 'TCP: / / preprod1: 7024'.
-------------------

do you have any ideas about this type of error,

Best regards,
David.

Cindyaz
Yak Posting Veteran

73 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-26 : 18:15:36
Try giving a Fully Qualified Domain Name(FQDN ), instead of just the server name.Also, there shouldn't be any spaces between FQDN, the colon (:) and the port number.

Eg. myserver.abc.mydomain.com:1722

Go to Top of Page

paultech
Yak Posting Veteran

79 Posts

Posted - 2011-10-19 : 10:25:04
The problem was that the admin account did not have read/write rights on c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\ . After changing that I also had to recreate the master keys and certificates to make it work.

Note : that original post writted by MichaelD

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -