Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Merge Replication Foreign Key Error

Author  Topic 

fcaglayan
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2011-11-16 : 05:47:21
I want to carry the database to another disk formation to speed up I/O. But the problem is before removing the replication publisher's db do not allow me to do it and because of removing the replication and resetting it cause a big problem, first I want to test it on my computer instead of live server.

But the problem is when subscriber have the database and datas on it, I am getting Foreign key errors:
"The schema script could not be propagated to the subscriber. (Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147201001)
Could not drop object 'dbo.x' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint."

Because of there will be database and datas on the subscriber I don't want it to drop tables because synchronization may take too much time.
What may I do to avoid this error or what may I do to reject dropping the tables.

- Advertisement -