Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Merge Replication Foreign Key Error
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fcaglayan
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  05:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to carry the database to another disk formation to speed up I/O. But the problem is before removing the replication publisher's db do not allow me to do it and because of removing the replication and resetting it cause a big problem, first I want to test it on my computer instead of live server.

But the problem is when subscriber have the database and datas on it, I am getting Foreign key errors:
"The schema script could not be propagated to the subscriber. (Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147201001)
Could not drop object 'dbo.x' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint."

Because of there will be database and datas on the subscriber I don't want it to drop tables because synchronization may take too much time.
What may I do to avoid this error or what may I do to reject dropping the tables.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000