Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Cannot open tables in SSMS (MSSQL 2005)

Author  Topic 

roblasch
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-22 : 10:19:52
When I try to open a table I get this error:

You might not have permission to perform this operation, or the object <tablename> might no longer exist in the database. (MS Visual Database Tools)

This happened suddenly. I used to be able to open and edit all tables. I get this message for any table that I try to open.

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-22 : 10:22:18
Have you tried refreshing, restarting?
What havens if you run a select query?
Has someone changed permissions?

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

roblasch
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-22 : 10:35:43
I've tried everything I can think of. I can run any query that I want (which is what I'm doing, but it is a painful way to make a simple change or two). It seems like the permissions have been changed by an update or something, but I can't find anyone else with the same problem and I seem to have full permission on what I need.
Go to Top of Page

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-22 : 14:21:22
Do you have VIEW DEFINITION permission at the database level or VIEW ANY DEFINITION at the SQL Server level?

=======================================
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. -John Kenneth Galbraith
Go to Top of Page

roblasch
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2011-11-23 : 09:16:27
No
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -