Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Replication (2005)
 Unable to replicate a view or function....

Author  Topic 

GregDDDD
Posting Yak Master

120 Posts

Posted - 2011-12-30 : 16:01:05
My first time with replication and I'm not sure if it is working as expected. I successfully set up a publisher and subscriber, but I get an error that says, "Unable to replicate a view or function because the referenced objects or columns are not present on the Subscriber."

This is Transactional Publication, with 3 tables and 3 views. All I wanted was the one view, but that view relies on 3 tables and a view. If I select 'View Subscription Status' it tells me synchronization in progress and it has said that for more than an hour. I can see the 3 tables, but they show zero rows when opened. The views are not there.

Did I miss something?

GregDDDD
Posting Yak Master

120 Posts

Posted - 2011-12-30 : 19:03:14
I guess the problem was with the views. Not really sure. I re-did everything, only this time I only replicated the tables and then recreated the views on the subscription database instead of trying to publish them.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -