Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Express Edition and Compact Edition (2005)
 Callback after UPDATE querry

Author  Topic 

simsekm
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-03 : 04:02:11
Hi,

I executed a wrong update querry and i want to restore table. I didn't delete any record but i changed values of some columns at all records at a table. I don't have a backup (((

Is there any solution ?At least i can try .. :(((

Regards

webfred
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

8781 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-03 : 04:46:14
It's dead Jim.
There is no <CTRL>+<z> in SQL server...

No, you're never too old to Yak'n'Roll if you're too young to die.
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-03 : 05:24:23
"I don't have a backup"

Fix that ... going forwards. It will happen again - we've all done it!
Go to Top of Page

simsekm
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-03 : 09:09:34
What is the simpliest way to backuping SQL regularly? Production system uses this SQL 7 days/24 hours . So backup process sholdn't block to querries. Is it possible?
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-03 : 09:29:42
Take a full backup once a day (at an appropriate time, probably during your quiet time). We like to keep several backups online, so we can quickly recover from them (without having to wait for them to be restored from tape, which in our case takes hours to organise ...), so if your full backups are huge and mean you can't have many online then you might consider Full backups once a week and Differential backups daily in order to have more backup-history available without having to use Tape restores.

Take Log backups every 15 minutes.

Schedule them with SQL Agent.

It is possible to store multiple backups in a single physical file but I recommend that you do NOT do that (i.e. include the date/time in the filename)

In essence that is about it.

The backups should not interfere with your normal running, but they do add some "load", so there will be some slow-down, but they should not block any queries.

By the by: I'm staggered to hear that you have a 24/7 system with NO backups !!
Go to Top of Page

simsekm
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-06 : 01:43:53
Hi again,

@Kristen
Is MS SQL Server 2005 Express supports SQL Agent?As i read it doesn't support it. Is there any guide for how backup at SQL Server 2005 Express???

And do you propose to migrate SQL Server 2008 Express? Is there a lot of good differences ?

Regards,

Murat
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-06 : 03:14:30
Sorry, didn't see that this is in the Express Edition forum.

I think you can download a SQL Agent add-on for SQL Express, but as we have a full-licence version I have no knowledge of that, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

simsekm
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-06 : 07:43:07
[url]http://www.lazycoding.com/products.aspx[/url]
This small tool works great! And is there anybody who can give to me an example code to backup all tables with incremental option?

Regards,

Murat
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-06 : 08:20:33
There is no incremental option. Only differential. If you use FULL Recovery Model you then also need to backup the LOG file - and that can be used to recover to point-in-time (so is maybe what you mean by "incremental"?)
Go to Top of Page

simsekm
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-06 : 09:47:06
i mean differential ...
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -