Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 ATTACH ERROR

Author  Topic 

ramako21
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-29 : 05:17:24
Hi folks, i am new to the site and a beginner in database programming. I designed a database on a different computer system and then copied it on my laptop so i can be working on it as and when i can.

But then upon trying to attach to my ms-sql database on my laptop, i had an error displayed below.

'The database 'AssetRegister' cannot be opened because it is version 661. This server supports version 655 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.
Could not open new database 'AssetRegister'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)'

Can someone be of help please.

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2012-02-29 : 08:23:46
As the error says, the database is version 661 (SQL 2008) and the server only supports versions 655 (SQL 2005 and below). There has never been a downgrade path for SQL databases

Either install SQL 2008 on your local machine or, when you get back to the server that you created the DB on, script the objects, export the data and then recreate the database on your laptop.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

ramako21
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-01 : 06:29:50
hi GilaMonster, thank so much. I think thats the problem. i will do just as adviced. kudos
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -