Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Other Development Tools
 SMO setting read committed snapshot on

Author  Topic 

steveclay
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-15 : 10:25:52
Hi - we have an application which uses smo to create and set up databases on our user machines. We want to set read_committed_snapshot to ON but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Anyone know of one?

There is a setting for snapshot isolation: SetSnapshotIsolation(tre). We will use this too but its the other one that we need and cannot find.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve Clay

steveclay
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-15 : 10:54:29
I think I have it - we are using Sql Server 2008 R2 but are using old smo dlls from a previous version. When we update the dlls I fully expect the Database object to inherit from and implement a property with both get and set called IsReadCommittedSnapshotOn....will investigate some more...

Steve Clay
Go to Top of Page

steveclay
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-15 : 11:23:02
Yes - confusingly the SetSnapshotIsolation is a method on the DatabaseOptions object AND on the database object. IsReadCommittedSnapshotOn is then a property on the database object and has both Get and Set. Consistency? Sensible naming conventions? Anyway - we seem to have got there.

Steve Clay
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -