Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 SQL error working with a VPN

Author  Topic 

Mauro
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-22 : 10:41:52
Hi, first let me thenk you in advance to those who reed this post, and plan on helping me (total noob here).
The thing is, we have a software based on sql. This soft is located on a server (it was built to be used in a Windows OS), and to which people in the company (who work with linux) access through a vpn port.
Every now and then while working the following error occurs

Update SIST_AOBJ
Set AOBJ_TIPO_OBJETO = 1,
AOBJ_TAMANO = :sVlAOBJ_TAMANO,
AOBJ_POSICION = :sVlAOBJ_POSICION
Where AOBJ_USUARIO = :sViUsuario and
AOBJ_OBJETO = :sViFP_NombreProg

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Error en el vínculo de comunicación (“Error in the comunication link”)

Number: 20021
Position:

The IT guys have no idea (or maybe they don't want to work... dk) but it's getting on my nerves because everytime i am in the middle of something, this error occurs and i have to start all over again.
A big thanks to anyone who can help me with this problem.

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2012-03-22 : 12:20:55
Well, the error means that the client lost connection to the server. What client are you using? Is the client on a server or a workstation? See anything in the logs? Did the VPN connection drop momentarily?
Go to Top of Page

Mauro
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-18 : 11:10:29
Dear russell, it's been longtime since you answered. i asked someone else to check this for me, but they didn't so here i go.
i don't understand what you mean with what client am i using, but it is on a server, since we have to log in to the server in order to be able to connect with this sql program, the only thing i can reed is ODBC Version 4.0.12, how could i check which sql client i have?. The vpn connection couldn't drop (or at least i think it can't) beacuse right now i am connected to the server using a LAN connection, and this virtual machine windows would also have closed, wouldn't it?. I'll submit the logs later.
Thanks

EDIT: Here are some captions i took. https://picasaweb.google.com/103386678824011142664/SQLError?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN_l4vmI5LiPLw&feat=directlink[url][/url]

LOG:
Codigo de Programa: CODE 20021

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Error en el vínculo de comunicación

Causa: 00133 SQL IVE ERROR 20021 NOT FOUND IN ERROR.SQL

Solución: 00133 SQL IVE ERROR 20021 NOT FOUND IN ERROR.SQL

Sentecia SQL: select PROG_INSERTA, PROG_MODIFICA, PROG_BORRA_FIS,
PROG_BORRA_LOG, PROG_CONSULTA, PROG_LISTA
into :bVlPROG_INSERTA, :bVlPROG_MODIFICA, :bVlPROG_BORRA_FIS,
:bVlPROG_BORRA_LOG, :bVlPROG_CONSULTA, :bVlPROG_LISTA
from SEGU_PROG
where PROG_PROGRAMA = :sVpPROG_PROGRAMA

00133 SQL IVE ERROR 20021 NOT FOUND IN ERROR.SQL

CODE:203
Reason: Attempting a fetch or position within a result set without a
successful SQL SELECT statement.
Remedy: Revise application to compile a SQL SELECT statement prior to
attempting the above operations.
Codigo de Programa:

Error: Command has not been executed

Causa: Reason: Attempting a fetch or position within a result set without a
successful SQL SELECT statement.

Solución: Remedy: Revise application to compile a SQL SELECT statement prior to
attempting the above operations.

Sentecia SQL: SELECT USUA_PERFIL INTO :sUSUA_PERFIL
FROM SEGU_USUA
WHERE USUA_USUARIO = :sUSUA_USUARIO

SQL Windows - SQL Error
SQL statement: Update SIST_AOBJ
Set AOBJ_TIPO_OBJETO = 1,
AOBJ_TAMANO = :sVlAOBJ_TAMANO,
AOBJ_POSICION = :sVlAOBJ_POSICION
Where AOBJ_USUARIO = :sViUsuario and
AOBJ_OBJETO = :sViFP_NombreProg

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Error en el vínculo de comunicación

Number: 20021

Go to Top of Page

jeffw8713
Aged Yak Warrior

819 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-04 : 10:07:45
The client appears to be an ERP client - not sure which ERP system though. I will also state that the SQL you are showing is not SQL Server syntax. SQL Server uses @ to denote variables and other SQL systems (e.g. MySQL) will use :.

Based on what I can see, it looks like you are using the Microsoft ODBC driver to connect to a system that is not running Microsoft SQL Server.
Go to Top of Page

Mauro
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-06 : 14:24:47
So in other words... you are in the wrong forum buddy? hahahaha
Or ar you telling me that we should install a microsoft sql server?

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw8713

The client appears to be an ERP client - not sure which ERP system though. I will also state that the SQL you are showing is not SQL Server syntax. SQL Server uses @ to denote variables and other SQL systems (e.g. MySQL) will use :.

Based on what I can see, it looks like you are using the Microsoft ODBC driver to connect to a system that is not running Microsoft SQL Server.

Go to Top of Page

jeffw8713
Aged Yak Warrior

819 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-07 : 09:40:12
Not sure - do you know what database product you are using? If it isn't Microsoft SQL Server - then your problems are because you are using the wrong ODBC/OLEDB driver. Change to use the correct driver and you should see better results.

If you are using Microsoft SQL Server, then the queries being sent need to be changed to valid SQL Server syntax.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -