Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 Error by changing selection criteria

Author  Topic 

e.heijmans@12move.nl
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2012-05-09 : 09:54:31
I have a report in which the user can change selectioncriteria by ticking boxes in a combobox. This Reporting Services report is presented to the user on a web page in a ReportViewer control. This works fine for all users apart from one. the moment he tries to change the criteria by clicking another option in the combobox, he gets an error "Invalid operation because of current view of the object".

If I bring the database from the production server to my development pc, run the application with the account of the user, open the report and change the selection: no problem.

I've uploaded the report again to the RS of the productionserver and checked all the settings.

Because the report has many pages for this user, I've changed the web.config of the Report Manager by adding in the section appSetting: "<add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="50000" />". The server is restarted.

But the problem remains. Anyone has an idea as to how to solve this?

- Advertisement -