Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Other SQL Server Topics (2005)
 Data mining .exe file

Author  Topic 

ralgal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-05-16 : 01:43:42
Hello,

I am trying to data mine a database for a school project and i am using SQL 2005. I used the Business intelligence tool and i got some great results(It's a simple basket mining). The problem is that i cant go and show the SQL business tool as a mining program for my project. I waste a lot of time opening and setting up parameters and then running the algorithm on my database.

I would like to know if there is a way i can export the algorithm with all the parameters(or just a few and the rest to be set up) to an .exe file to run separately rather than opening the Business Intelligence tool.

I am asking this as i wont be able to take the computer that is running SQL server 2005 to school when i present the project and there is no way i can run the data mining without opening Business intelligence. What i am asking: Is there a way to run the database mining using an exported exe from business intelligence or something similar or do i have to write Eclat or Apriori in c# or c++ to do the mining on my data base?

Thank you

Raluca

- Advertisement -