Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Replication (2005)
 Replication to Oracle

Author  Topic 

ozSQLServer
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-18 : 22:24:54
Hi all,

I've got an issue with SQL Server 2005 Replication with Oracle.

Issue Summary:
When the replication is stopped and the tnsnames.ora file is modified to make the connection points to another Oracle database, the replication returns error when I try to start it again.

Scenario Description:
I've successfully created a transactional replication from SQL Server 2005 (distributer) for a single table to Oracle server ( named as db1)(substriber). When I do the following, an error is raised:

1. SQL Server replication is stopped
2. the table is copied from Oracle db1 to another Oracle server db2 (the same schema name and password in both dbs)
3. hostname in tnsnames.ora file is changed to point to db2 server
4. the Server link in SQL Server tested and succeeded
5. when the replication is started, it returns error... the error is trying to re-initialize the table and claims the table is already there.

My questions are:
- Why SQL Server 2005 wants to reinitialize in the scenario described above?
- Is there a way to make SQL Server proceed with the synchronization without initialization?

By the way, if I set the hostname back to db1, the replication proceeds with synchronization without any problem.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
ozSQL

valeria
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-25 : 01:03:19
unspammed
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -