Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2008)
 ERROR ON SSAS 2008 R2 ROLES USING HIERARCHIES

Author  Topic 

Gmare
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2012-06-28 : 11:59:30
Hi all,

I'm trying to develop some roles on my SSAS project. I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 release, and I built some cubes. I try to explain my issue:

1) I created a cube with some indicators and 3 Dimensions:

- TIME

- CUSTOMER

- PRODUCT

2) I created a user hierarchy on PRODUCT dimension, including 3 levels

3) I tested the hierarchy and it works, I can see it in BROWSE panel

4) I created a first simple role (using Visual Studio) where I restrict visibility only on some months (ex: JAN-FEB-MAR), I tested and it works

5) I created a second role (even using Visual Studio) where I try to restrict visibility on some branches of the PRODUCT hierarchy. Here I find my first issues:

5a) I can't immediately see the hierarchy, but if I go to EDIT MDX I see the hierarchy and then if I come back to the main page I can see the hierarchy

5b) When I select some nodes in EDIT MDX I receive the message:

"The 'XXX' member unique name specified in the attribute permission is no longer valid. Do you want to remove it?"
5c) I cleared MDX and I selected nodes and branches using the Hierarchy visualization on the BASIC panel

Now, when I try to test the role I receive the following message:

"Error occurred retrieving child nodes: the 'XXX' attribute in the 'XXX' dimension has a generated dimension security expression that is not valid"

I can't understand what is wrong..... any idea about it?

Thanks a lot for the support!

- Advertisement -