Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 In Recovery

Author  Topic 

TrevP
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-07-02 : 11:42:23
Hi,

Hope this is the right placed to ask this....

Just opened SQL Studio and I am seeing my attached database as [databasename](In Recovery) but there is no evidence of anything happening.

Obviously the db enountered an issue somewhere (not sure where because I haven't had a crash) and I certainly have plenty of free disc space, so not sure where I go from here ?

Any guidance /assistance would be very much appreciated

(I'm not a DBA...I write SQL and use SQL Server Management Studio at work and home)

regards

TrevP

TrevP
Steo Light...ly, Stay Free

nigelrivett
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3385 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-02 : 13:04:59
Restore from a backup?
Otherwise change to emergency mode and copy the data out into another database.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
SSIS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

Stephen2913
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-04 : 14:35:29
Might be it could be a case of corruption in sql server or sql server database but some simple utility and its simple functioning can be utilized for repairing sql server or its database. You can visit here for more info: http://www.repairsqlserver.n.nu/

Thanks
SQL Administrative
http://www.fixsql.org/
Go to Top of Page

prett
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-09 : 06:49:07
When database is in recovery mode, you are unable to do anything on the database. So Wait it out till it will finish.

But you can able to see the status of the database in error logs like how much percent it recovers. Sometimes it may not show the status in error logs but don't worry just wait till it becomes recovered. then find what to do next to avoid this kind of problems in future like before starting SQL Services, Just check the log size of all databases. if Log size is huge simply shrink log files. and then restart services.
Go to Top of Page

sarathi
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-16 : 05:29:45
1. check sql error log for any clue
2. if you found the reason for recovery status, you can fix it easily,.
3. mostly this error will be due to when the restore process is interrupted suddenly..
4. check any active process which is doing restore.
sp_who2 active
4. try this command for making db online..
restore database dbname with recovery
5. finally if any steps not helps you,
drop the database and restore from the latest backup..

Regards
Vijayasarathi
www.MSSQLSUPPORT.com

Vijayasarathi
Go to Top of Page

rodyroon
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-29 : 01:50:13
Hi,

It may be possible that your Sql server or Sql server Database is corrupted.to solve this problem you can try to use any Sql server Repair tool such as Kernel for SQL Recovery tool,which is applicable to repair corrupt Sql Server Database.you can also take a free demo of this tool from here unspammed
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -