Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 SQL Server Native Client 10.0 on 2000 DSNless

Author  Topic 

mdward2sql
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-07-19 : 01:21:37
I have a need to use some DTS packages that use the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 database. I want to use the DSNless provider instead of the DSN one of the Native Client 10.0 but for some reason when I create or edit a DTS package the connection keeps defaulting back to the DSN one losing the information I typed in. While in the DSNless configuration after I type in the server and login credentials I click to test the connection and it succeeds so I know that is not a problem. It just does not save the DSNless info. Has anyone else had problems using the DSNless Native Client 10.0 with DTS?

RJTJRRM
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-11-29 : 14:18:45
Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem and have discoverred that it works with SQL Server 2008 SSIS (instead of DTS) OR through the ODBC. The problem is the ODBC, for whatever reason, is painfully slow.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -