SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Connection problems
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhuntley
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  14:14:34  Show Profile
I tried searching for help for this but didn't see anything. I was previously running SQL Server 2000 Standard on NT 4.0 and wiped my server clean and loaded Windows 2000 Server and SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition. After doing this, my Win98 users running the Personal Edition can't register the new server in Enterprise Manager, while my Win2000 Pro users can. I'm getting SQLState 01000 with SQL Server error 10061 followed by SQLState 08001 with SQL Server error 17. I've tried setting up an ODBC connection but receive similar errors. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15655 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  14:29:19  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage
It could be that the TCP/IP network library wasn't installed when you installed SQL Server, and/or it's defaulting to named pipes only (which don't work with Win98 clients).

Make sure that the client machines are specifying TCP/IP when trying to connect to the SQL Server.

Go to Top of Page

mhuntley
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2002 :  14:59:40  Show Profile
I've already checked. I've got named pipes and TCP/IP both configured on the server, and I'm definitely using TCP/IP on the client side. I've disabled named pipes on the server, but I can't stop and start my service until tonight, so I'll have to wait until then to see if that works.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000