SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 case-sensitive
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2000 :  23:50:43  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ray writes "When our system was first implemented, it was configured as case-sensitive. Is there any documented information that would give us an idea as to the difference in system performance between case-sensitive and case-insensitive? Also, am I correct in assuming that to convert from sensitive to insensitive is a matter of running the REBUILDM process (doing a backup of the database first then doing a recovery). We are currently running SQL Server 7.0, SP2, Windows NT."

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

USA
4138 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2000 :  23:50:43  Show Profile  Visit graz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh boy do I feel for you. I'm working on a case-senstive binary sort order system right now AND IT SUCKS! I am so sick of having to type object names in the proper case. And of course the people who wrote the system used CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EVERYTHING! Oh well. I've not seen any significan't performance improvement. Certainly not enough to make up for headache. Once a server is installed case sensitive almost nothing else will run on it properly so you basically now have a dedicated server. SQL Server 2000 will fix that but they aren't ready to upgrade yet. As far as converting it back I really don't know. I've never had to do it. Books Online should cover it though. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

paulmelba
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  15:49:42  Show Profile  Visit paulmelba's Homepage  Click to see paulmelba's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
SPAM DELETED

Edited by - jsmith8858 on 05/15/2007 16:05:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000