Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Book Review: Transact-SQL Language Reference Guide
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  09:24:32  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Randy submitted "Transact-SQL Language Reference Guide is a new concept in SQL Server and Transact-SQL technical reference books. Available only as an e-book, Transact-SQL Language Reference Guide contains over 1,800 pages of printed text covering over 1,000 documented and undocumented SQL Server 7.0 and 2000 Transact-SQL commands and statements, stored procedures, system tables, system views and system functions, with nearly 1,100 code samples to help you understand the syntax of each object, in a completely searchable format for a one-time registration fee of $20.00. Not only will this registration fee entitle you to free revisions as they become available, but it will also allow you to install and register Transact-SQL Language Reference Guide on both your home and work computers. The included ebook reader will work on computers running Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/NT/2000/XP."

Article Link.

Page47
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

USA
2878 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  10:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably a bit biased of a book review, considering the reviewer is also the author ...

<O>
Go to Top of Page

M.E.
Aged Yak Warrior

Canada
539 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  13:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a review or an advertisement for it?

-----------------------
Take my advice, I dare ya
Go to Top of Page

Page47
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

USA
2878 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  14:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd bet the paying advertisors here might have an opinion on that....

<O>
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  20:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, I have a really good T-SQL reference as an E-Book.
It's called Books Online and it seems to be installed on every PC I might need to do some SQL coding on.

Not only does it cover T-SQL but also administration and all sorts of other topics....

Check it out!

Damian
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15732 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  21:01:03  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, you know what? I have Books Online on my computer too! And I got it for free! And I don't even need an eBook reader! What a deal!

Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2002 :  21:02:56  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a revolution!

Damian
Go to Top of Page

M.E.
Aged Yak Warrior

Canada
539 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2002 :  13:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob.. it's not free. For every time you use it, your supposed to send me 2.50$

-----------------------
Take my advice, I dare ya
Go to Top of Page