Posted - 08/29/2012 : 10:09:46
| Hi fellows,
this is a question/topic about merge replication
sql server 2005 sp 2.
I am in the process of reinitialising one of the 700+ subscribers.
more of less in a reinitialisation my process is the following:
Steps for a full reinitialisation:
1) Make sure the machine is connectable
2) Get helpdesk to call the site and get them off the machine until you're done
3) Set cleanedup_unsent_changes to 0 for the site in concord_ods..sysmergesubscriptions
4) Start synchronising, wait until the upload stage is complete.
All of the green tables should have a green tick next to them - if it's a white circle with a tick then it hasn't done
5) Once upload is complete, stop synchronising
6) Generate snapshot for site by starting the snapshot agent
7) Mark for reinitialisation, making sure to take the tick out of the box
8) Start synchronising and wait for finish
9) Make sure that the number of bulk inserts done is much higher than the number of changes
now, on the step 8 I keep having the error below.
can someone please shed some light?
The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2147201001