Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Developer Edition License

Author  Topic 

ahmeds08
Aged Yak Warrior

737 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-19 : 22:43:56
Dear Experts,
I have a doubt.
If i buy a licensed developer edition for one developer,then can i create multiple users in the database.

jeffw8713
Aged Yak Warrior

819 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-20 : 13:30:08
If you are asking whether or not you can set it up so that multiple users can access that instance - then no. One developer license per developer using the instance.
Go to Top of Page

ahmeds08
Aged Yak Warrior

737 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-21 : 15:17:51
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw8713

If you are asking whether or not you can set it up so that multiple users can access that instance - then no. One developer license per developer using the instance.

Hi Jeff,
I think i didnt text the matter properly.
what iam asking is,I will be using only one developer as my license is for single developer.
after logging in wether i will be able to create multipe users in the database or not??
Go to Top of Page

jeffw8713
Aged Yak Warrior

819 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-22 : 10:52:01
The developer edition is a fully functional instance of SQL Server with all the features of Enterprise Edition. So yes - you can create the users without a problem. However, you cannot have those users logging into the system and using the server.

If you need to be able to setup an application and test it - then that isn't a problem. Just be aware that you cannot have actual end users accessing the system - it has to be you accessing the system for your development work.

I would recommend that you read the EULA for the developer edition. It explains all of this in great detail.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -