Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 How to check values

Author  Topic 

yaman
Posting Yak Master

213 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 06:38:15
Sir,

I need to check value at 2 mins ..

Problem is that I need to check status of user If status of user is same for two miniute then I need to update .

how can I check that values for 2 min in sql server .

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards
Yaman

Yaman

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 06:45:34
Did you mean to say that you have data in a table that has a time column and a status column OR, are you trying to add to/update the data in a table live at 2-minute intervals?

If you can post some sample data and expected output along with the table schema, people on the forum would be able to suggest solutions.

This page may help in formulating the question:

http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/brettk/archive/2005/05/25/5276.aspx
Go to Top of Page

yaman
Posting Yak Master

213 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 06:56:01
Create table ustatus(name varchar(100),ustatus bit)

INSERT INTO ustatus(name, ustatus)
SELECT 'A',1 UNION ALL
SELECT 'B',0 UNION ALL
SELECT 'C',0 UNION ALL

--Whenever ustatus of user 'A' is 1 for exaclty 2 mins(not less than 2) then I need to change ustatus = 0 .

--IF ustatus of user 'A' is change before 2 min then no change in ustatus.

--then how can I check ustatus of all users continously for 2 min . Please suggest Sir

Yaman
Go to Top of Page

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 07:23:17
If I understood your requirement correctly, I don't know of a way to do this in SQL Server.

In SQL Server,
- you can check the table every two minutes and
- if you had another column in your table that indicated the time stamp of the last update

then you can update rows for which time stamp is earlier than the current time by at least two minutes to status 0.

However, that would be a periodic check - not an event-based check - which means the time at which the status is changed to zero may be anywhere from two to four minutes.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -