Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 SQL PFS_Page error.

Author  Topic 

fazle_rabbee
Yak Posting Veteran

63 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 12:04:35
I have a Publisher and 34 Subscribers with merge replication. One of the Server database was marked as Suspect. I reset the status and Set the database to Emergency Mode. When I ran DBCC, the following error message showed 'Table error: Allocation page (1:606600) has invalid PFS_PAGE page header values. Type is 0. Check type, alloc unit ID and page ID on the page.', I found one table corruption and I could not execute any query to retreive data from that table. What should I dno now? No back up is available for last one month.

fazle rabbee

chadmat
The Chadinator

1974 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 12:31:57
You can try to run a dbcc checkdb with repair, but you may lose data. You should have backups.

-Chad
Go to Top of Page

fazle_rabbee
Yak Posting Veteran

63 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 12:45:09
I have tried but It shows the same message. Any more way?

fazle rabbee
Go to Top of Page

chadmat
The Chadinator

1974 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 13:04:19
Not really. If repair can't fix it and you have no backup, you are probably out of luck. You can try dropping/creating indexes etc, but I don't think that is gonna help here. Backups are a good thing, unfortunately, lesson learned the hard way.

If any of your subscribers has a full copy of your data (Or that table) you can backup a subscriber and try and retrieve the data from there.

-Chad
Go to Top of Page

fazle_rabbee
Yak Posting Veteran

63 Posts

Posted - 2012-09-26 : 14:04:36
Unfortunately this is a non replicated table and Indexes are missing. Any way thanks for your co operation.

fazle rabbee
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -