Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Complex sql sub query

Author  Topic 

Momoh
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-09-28 : 19:19:13

I am building a small social network for my department.

I have the homepage as a place where you can make comments and your friends can comment on it.

I have 4 tables ...allposts_tb, friendship_tb,response_tb and signup_tb..

The allposts_tb collect the updates and post made by people it has the following columns (all_id(PK),name,comment,time)

The friendship_tb as the columns (friend_id(Pk),myname,newfriend,status)

The response_tb as columns(id(Pk),name,response,all_id(Fk),time)

The signup_tb as columns (signup_id,lastname,firstname,email,password,country,profilepicture)

I can display comments made by people easily using the sql query below

SELECT allposts_tb.all_id,allposts_tb.name,allposts_tb.comment, allposts_tb.time,
friendship_tb.myname,friendship_tb.newfriend,signup_tb.firstname,
signup_tb.lastname,signup_tb.email,signup_tb.profilepicture,
allposts_tb.expand
FROM allposts_tb,friendship_tb,signup_tb
WHERE allposts_tb.name = friendship_tb.newfriend
and friendship_tb.myname=colname and
allposts_tb.name=signup_tb.email
ORDER BY allposts_tb.all_id DESC

colname=$_SESSION['MM_Username']

Well am having problems displaying responses made by people on a particular comment right below the comment...just like replicating facebook's page.Immediately you say something,it should be displayed right below the comment... I know am meant to use a sub query. right inside the query i gave you guys..have read a lot of web pages but cant get it to work...please help me...

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-01 : 11:06:40
can you show some sample data from tables and explain how you want output to be displayed?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -