Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 What's the installer for the client called?

Author  Topic 

RDO
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-03 : 14:49:22
I manage an intranet app which uses a SQL Server 2005 (I think) database for its internal workings. Occasionally, I have to get into the database to fix a piece of info that's gotten garbled, but not mess around with the structure or otherwise do anything complicated with it. I used to have a client on my XP machine that let me do this, but I've recently been upgraded to Win7 and now no one in PC Support has a clue as to what needs to be installed to give me back this basic access to my data. What should they be looking for, either in SQL Server 2005 or 2008, for installation?

Thanks.

xhostx
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

277 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-03 : 15:03:07
Well, I think you need to install SQL Server 2005/2008. Within MS SQL server you can run MS Management Studio to run queries or Enterprise Manager which is a much more User friendly. Note: that you will need to have credentials to access the database on back end.

--------------------------
Joins are what RDBMS's do for a living
Go to Top of Page

RDO
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-04 : 15:11:25
Thanks, xhostx. I'll pass it to the support guy.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -