Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObj

Author  Topic 

ssis_newbee
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-04 : 17:51:01
Hi,

I'm trying to Create Package which has OLEDB datasource and is fetching data from a Cube. I'm using Data Tools ( SQL BI 2012 Version) to develop my SSIS package. The provider am using in Native SQL Server client 10.0 which connects to SQL Server Database and the query used is Openrowset which is fetching the data from a Cube. This Query works perfectly when executed in SSMS.

But when I have pasted the Query in SQL Command Window, I get an error

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSObject100'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{203E24BD-5203-4C76-AFC7-7C8545EBA1A0}' failed due to the following error: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010E (RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD)).

BUTTONS:

OK

the Machine is 64 bit.

Can you please let me know how to fix this issue. The query fetches around 900k records and its taking around 20 mins to show this error after I click the OK button in the OLEDBSource Editor.

Thanks in Advance

- Advertisement -