Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 CHECKDB fails with latch error, then succeeds

Author  Topic 

dlh
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-08 : 12:31:16
Last night, my nightly CHECKDB errored out:

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.
Unable to read and latch page (1:1151632) with latch type SH. Latch failed.
CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors not associated with any single object.
CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in database 'MyDatabase'.

I manually ran CHECKDB this morning and got no errors:

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'MyDatabase'.

Do I have reason to be worried? Is there a way of figuring out what caused the CHECKDB failure last night? CHECKDB on the system databases found no problems, tempdb is set to unrestricted growth and there is plenty of space on the drive where tempdb lives.

johnpark2012
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-10 : 09:03:10
you also check other repair tools:
  • Run DBCC CHEKCTABLE state to repair SQL table
  • Run DBCC INDID
  • Run DBCC PAGE
  • Or Restore from a old backup

if not. last option you restore sql database see [url]http://exchangerecovery.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-perform-SQL-Database-Recovery[/url]
Go to Top of Page

dlh
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-11 : 21:13:53
Sorry, but I'm not sure what to do with this advice. From what I can tell, there's no table, index or page that is associated with this error.

And the error appears to have been short-term, so I don't want to roll back and lose work unless it's absolutely essential.

I do want to understand why it happened and whether it might happen again.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -