Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 to create a batch file for .sql files

Author  Topic 

arthiasha
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-09 : 01:51:46
Hi,

I need to create a batch file with the scripts which is in .sql format.
table_schema.sql
stored procedures.sql
uddtypes.sql
uddtables.sql
grant permission.sql
sql injection.sql
users.sql

These files hold all scripts for creation of schema, stored procedures, users, uddt's etc
I need to create a single batch file so that when i run it, automatically the schema with stored procedures and everything should be created in my mssql 2008.

create table..... (execute 'table_schema')
create table.....(execute 'stored procedures')

it should be given like this
can u give me the script?

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-09 : 07:05:45
In SQL Server Management Studio, in object explorer, right-click on the database name and select Tasks -> Generate Scripts and follow through the wizard.

If you are trying to port a database from one server to another, there are other ways as well - backup and restore, SSIS etc.
Go to Top of Page

arthiasha
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-09 : 07:46:58
Thanks for your relpy, but i dont want to do this way because i need to use this as a deploy script to create a new database with its schema etc..as well as bcp it.

I wanted a script like
create database [dbname]
(call all the .sql scripts-table schema,procedures etc

so that it creates the whole database with its schema procedure uudtypes etc.
Go to Top of Page

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-09 : 07:55:28
I am afraid I did not follow the requirement.

If you are trying to create a database with all the schema objects and none of the data, what I described above would work. You will generate the scripts once (which is a manual process), and then use that script to create your deployment package/script.

You also mentioned BCP. If you are trying to deploy the database with the data, backup and restore may be a better option. That also can be scripted.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -