Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Replication (2008)
 This operation conflicts with another pending oper

Author  Topic 

Craig Taylor
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-10 : 06:48:28
We have a database on server1 which has a series of stored procedures that perform select and inserts into another database on a linked server on server2. The database on server2 is setup as a merge publication for replication externally. I have removed the publication from server2 and I can now run all the stored procedures successfully and it only takes approx 45 minutes to complete.

If I re-add the publication the process takes about 3 hours sends the SQL server cpu usage into overdrive and the procedures fail with:
Msg 3970, Level 16, State 2, Procedure MSmerge_ins_B59B83C7DBBD4E82985EE7A62558E4EE, Line 31
This operation conflicts with another pending operation on this transaction. The operation failed

I think this is something to do with identity range settings on the publication, but I don't fully understand how I should be adjusting this. I also don't understand why it is also more demanding on server resources and takes so much longer

Thanks
Craig

- Advertisement -