SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Redirect Lookup Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brittney10
Posting Yak Master

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  11:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some data that needs to go through a lookup transformation. Currently I have the data flow set up to redirect from the lookup if there are no matches. The error redirect goes to a log table that is used to tell what columns didn't match in the lookup and what the client needs to correct on the record. However, the columns that are going through the lookup are NOT required...meaning I don't really want to redirect the row and not continue the record in the data flow. I need to be able to redirect the rows and log, but at the same time continue that record through the data flow (this columns would just be NULL). Any suggestions on how to do this?

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

India
52325 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  00:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
use multicast in no match path and create a copy. then use main path for logging and copy for continuing through data flow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Brittney10
Posting Yak Master

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  12:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That helps me with redirecting the error row back to the data flow, but then how do i handle rows that don't error? I have no where to connect them in the dataflow because the error row is already in that path.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16

India
52325 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  23:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok..for that what you could do is add a union all transform to merge the error row path and actual lookup path so that you get all records merged again in the main path

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP

Go to Top of Page

Brittney10
Posting Yak Master

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  10:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had originally tried to achieve this in that manner, but kept getting an error with errorcode. I will try again and see if i can get it to work.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16

India
52325 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  23:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brittney10

I had originally tried to achieve this in that manner, but kept getting an error with errorcode. I will try again and see if i can get it to work.

can you post what the error is?

SQL Server MVP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000