Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 DDL Tracking

Author  Topic 

rohaandba
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-11 : 16:54:22
HI,

One of my SQL Server Databases, I have enabled DDL Trigger to track all the DDL changes
This trigger emails me if some one with Sys-Admin permissions make any DDL changes and completely restricts othere to make any DDL change.(Though with Db Owner or DDL-Admin permission)
This trigger also writes into a DDL-table I created with the modifications done.

As mentioned this Trigger doen't not allow developers with DDL-Admin permissions and Db Owner permissions to make any DDL changes to the Databases

Is there any way I can allow the devlopers to make the DDL changes as well as I track the DDL chages.
(Any Trigger or any advice)

Thanking You

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-17 : 19:48:31
We have something similar to what you have described. The difference is that the trigger has a list of logins that are allowed to make DDL changes and compares the current login against that list before allowing the change to complete. You could hard code this list of names, select them out of a table or use a special Role whose members are allowed the make changes. There are pluses and minuses to each approach.

=================================================
We are far more concerned about the desecration of the flag than we are about the desecration of our land. -Wendell Berry
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -