Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Automating batch job monitoring

Author  Topic 

venkidhadha
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-10-16 : 02:24:04
I have a requirement where I need to login at a stipulated time everyday and just retreive the table output in form of excel and place it in a local folder.

Can this be automated? If yes it would be great if you can provide pointers. I know the basic sql commands and I can try gaining this additional knowledge as per your advice.

-Venki

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-16 : 06:55:42
Probably the easiest way to do this is using SSIS (or even Import/Export wizard). Right-click on the database name in the object explorer in SSMS, select Tasks -> Export Data and follow through the wizard. Somewhere along the way, you will be asked whether you want to save the package. Choose to save it (either to the server or disk). You can then use SQL Server Agent to schedule this job at your desired time.

If run into difficulties, reply back, or google for SSIS basics or Import/Export Wizard in SQL Server - there are a lot many articles and tutorials.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -