Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Windows Authentication Error Native Client

Author  Topic 

AndrewMurphy
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2916 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-18 : 07:57:15
Hi
I had some SSIS packages built and working (over a period of 3 months) using the "SQL Native Client 10.0" running on against a database installed locally on my PC. However our Corporate ITSecurity/Infrastructure guru's seem to have recently adjusted or expired my security profile or the security profile on my PC. (We generally have "locked down" C: drives but I have local admin, but recently this was removed/downgraded somewhat for a short time which hints at a security change)

Now when using the SSIS Import Wizard when at the "Choose Data Source" screen and when "Use Windows Authentication" is on , and when using "SQL Native Client 10.0" as the data source, picking a database value via the dropdown box, brings up a "Login Failed - The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication". However switching the data source to "Microsoft SQL OLE DB Provider for SQL" bypasses this error message....and hints that thus the domain itself is trusted.

I need to know what has changed in the background, so that I can direct my size 10's apropriateley, as I've 60+ SSIS packages which have passed rigerous testing, are close to deployment and I don't want to have to re-code to use SQL OLE DB if at all possible or at least without understanding what has changed in the backgound.

As usual, any help is appreciated.

- Advertisement -