Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Strange Issue with SAPI.SpVoice
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnph
Posting Yak Master

103 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  09:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I ran into a rather strange issue with SSIS and deploying it to agent jobs. I have a basic execute process task that has:

Executable: C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Arguments: (new-object -com SAPI.SpVoice).speak(“Hello”)

When i run it, it opens powershell and makes my computer say "Hello".

Now here is the strange part? I try to execute this with an SQL Agent job and it fails. I tried File System + Powershell and cannot get this to work. Here is my error message:

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Started: 8:17:36 AM Error: 2012-10-29 08:17:37.05 Code: 0xC0029151 Source: Execute Process Task Execute Process Task Description: In Executing "C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" "(new-object -com SAPI.SpVoice).speak(?Welcome!?)" at "", The process exit code was "1" while the expected was "0". End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 8:17:36 AM Finished: 8:17:37 AM Elapsed: 0.874 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

If someone can help me with this, that would be great.

Edited by - Johnph on 10/29/2012 09:38:22
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000