Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Strange Issue with SAPI.SpVoice

Author  Topic 

Johnph
Posting Yak Master

103 Posts

Posted - 2012-10-29 : 09:36:38
Hello,

I ran into a rather strange issue with SSIS and deploying it to agent jobs. I have a basic execute process task that has:

Executable: C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Arguments: (new-object -com SAPI.SpVoice).speak(“Hello”)

When i run it, it opens powershell and makes my computer say "Hello".

Now here is the strange part? I try to execute this with an SQL Agent job and it fails. I tried File System + Powershell and cannot get this to work. Here is my error message:

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Started: 8:17:36 AM Error: 2012-10-29 08:17:37.05 Code: 0xC0029151 Source: Execute Process Task Execute Process Task Description: In Executing "C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" "(new-object -com SAPI.SpVoice).speak(?Welcome!?)" at "", The process exit code was "1" while the expected was "0". End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 8:17:36 AM Finished: 8:17:37 AM Elapsed: 0.874 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

If someone can help me with this, that would be great.

- Advertisement -