Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 issues related to databse entry

Author  Topic 

amita
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-08 : 04:19:26

Were are having some issues with the Facility upload. The CMS application is not validating the CP Type/Product/Collateral combination as it is on the LGD table and allowing incorrect facilities to be created.

On the front end there is logic that doesn't allow the user to select a facility combination that doesn't existing on the LGD table but it doesn't seem to be doing this same check when the upload is processed.

For example:

UCI: 320797

CP Type: Regulated Non-Funded Pooled

The user was able to upload the Product/Collateral Facility combination of FX/Unsecured - Unregulated Fund In Custody.

This combination doesn't appear on the LGD table so the upload item should have failed.

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-08 : 05:45:56
That sounds like a bug/deficiency in your CMS software. Even if it were something in the SQL tables, you should ask the vendor to fix the problem - because it is their database and if you mess with it, there may be unintended consequences.
Go to Top of Page

amita
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-09 : 00:37:20
quote:
Originally posted by sunitabeck

That sounds like a bug/deficiency in your CMS software. Even if it were something in the SQL tables, you should ask the vendor to fix the problem - because it is their database and if you mess with it, there may be unintended consequences.

I am working in oracle only so I only have to rectify this issue.And as they told me that this issue is not related to CMS software front end.It is related to tables joins . If you have any other solution then let me know.

Amita kumari
Go to Top of Page

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-09 : 06:45:58
If it is an Oracle database, this may not be the best forum - this forum specializes in Microsoft SQL Server. dbforums.com would be a good place to post Oracle related questions.

Also, when you post, if you can post the table schema along with some sample data that you are trying to import, that would get you faster and better responses.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -