Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 SSIS Job failed under linked server

Author  Topic 

Oliver wang
Yak Posting Veteran

50 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-09 : 11:19:56
Hi everyone,

This is an continuous discussion of my previous topic. Here is the updated situation. I have 2 instance, A and B. On instance A, in order to let a job access and manipulate data in a database on instance B, a linked server is created. Linked server connection test is successful and from instance A I can even open a new query and retrieve data on instance B. But the job failed with an error: "Login failed for user 'login_name'", "Cannot open database "xxx" requested by the login." The interesting thing here is the 'login_name' is not the owner of the job. I set a sysadmin login as the job owner.

Is anyone know what place i need to check? I have been struggling on this issue for 3 days. Thanks for your time and efforts.

regards,

Oliver

Oliver wang
Yak Posting Veteran

50 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-13 : 01:27:22
Hi Everyone,

Do you think it is possible to implement a cross-instance call using a job? I appreciate if you could share any idea in your mind which is not necessary a perfect solution. Thanks.

regards,

Oliver
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -