Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 rserrorreadingnextdatarow

Author  Topic 

amanalyn
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-20 : 07:39:57
The query I have written seems to work when I run it in design mode. However when I go to run the chart I get the error message: "Cannot read the next data row for the dataset dataset1. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)". Any ideas what might be causing this? I haven't been able to find anything helpful searching online yet.

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-20 : 07:49:02
In design mode, it may be working with cached data. See if you can successfully run the underlying query for dataset1 from SQL Server Management studio. If that works, try refreshing the dataset (right-click dataset in shared data sources or report data and select, dataset properties)

I have not seen this specific error, so whatever I said is based on an educated guess that the data reader is failing for some reason - anything from inability to connect to the server, to the connection timing out, or error in query.
Go to Top of Page

amanalyn
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2012-11-20 : 08:06:53
It took me a minute, but after I realized one of the other charts was having the same issue and noticed the dates where off I figured out that was my issue. Somehow the date field saved as text instead of date/time when I linked the table. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -