Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Condition Logic

Author  Topic 

asif372
Posting Yak Master

100 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-14 : 02:02:40
I am using Above Query but it donot meat to the requirement i want to Check all the Conditions i mean if Condition 1 is true then it should go above also neither than Coming out of it
my Query is

Alter PROCEDURE InsManualData2
(
@EID int,
@Date Datetime,
@TimeIn Datetime,
@TimeOut Datetime,
@Remarks varchar(50),
@Comments varchar(50)
)
AS
BEGIN
SET NOCOUNT ON;

IF EXISTS
(
SELECT * FROM ShortLeave2
WHERE EID = @EID
AND
--CheckTime = DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TIMEIN,108) as datetime))
CheckTime = DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TIMEIN,108) as datetime))
)

BEGIN
UPDATE ShortLeave2
SET Remarks = @Remarks,
Comments = @Comments
WHERE
EID = @EID
AND
CheckTime = DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TimeOut,108) as datetime))
END

ELSE IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM ShortLeave2
WHERE EID = @EID
AND
CheckTime = @TimeOut
)

BEGIN
UPDATE ShortLeave2
SET Remarks = @Remarks,
Comments = @Comments
WHERE
EID = @EID
AND
CheckTime = @TimeOut
END

ELSE IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM SHORTLEAVE2
WHERE
EID = @EID
AND
CheckTime = DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TIMEIN,108) as datetime))
)

BEGIN
INSERT INTO SHORTLEAVE2
SELECT
@EID,
DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TIMEIN,108) as datetime)) AS CheckTime,
'I' AS CheckType,
@Remarks,
@Comments,
END

ELSE IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM SHORTLEAVE2
WHERE
EID = @EID
AND
CheckTime = DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TimeOut,108) as datetime))
)

BEGIN
SELECT
@EID,
DateAdd(d, DateDiff(d, 0, Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(30),@Date,110) As datetime)), Cast(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),@TimeOut,108) as datetime)) AS CheckTime,
'O' AS CheckType,
@Remarks,
@Comments,
END

END

Thanks in Advance....

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-14 : 02:55:50
The way you have written the code, if the first condition is true, then the first update will be executed and, if it is false, then (and only then) will the second condition will be evaluated. Is that not what you want? If you want to examine each condition independent of the outcome of the previous condition, remove the ELSE clause(s).
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2013-01-14 : 03:16:48
why are you casting to varchar for date comparison? does CheckTime field store time part?

see this

http://visakhm.blogspot.in/2012/12/different-ways-to-implement-date-range.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -