Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SQL View not Exporting to Excel via DTS Package

Author  Topic 

TNOVERALLS
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-26 : 12:55:55
Hi I hope I am posting this to the correct forum.

I fairly new to SQL Server and SSDT so here goes.

I have a package that does the following steps:

1. File system task that delete a backup file.
2. File system task Renames the current file to backup file name.
3. File system task that copies a existing file that only has headers in it for the extract of the data for a view.
4. Dataflow task that inserts the data from the SQL to the Excel file in step 3. [color=#925d400]This is where the process breaks, the data is not inserted into the Excel file.[/color]
There are 4 more steps that do the same thing as steps 1-4 above the only difference is it is on different files in the same location as steps 1-4 and those 4 steps complete without any issues.

I am wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and how they resolved the issue.

BTW when I run the package from my local SSDT the process runs and works without any issues. The failure only happens when the package is deployed on the SQL Server.

If this isn't the right forum for this question. Please let me know the correct forum and I will be happy to post it there.

Thanks

NB

Lamprey
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4614 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-26 : 13:37:07
Do you get an error message, if so can you post it?

My guess is a permissions issue.
Go to Top of Page

TNOVERALLS
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-27 : 09:24:57
We don't receive any error message at all from either running the package locally or after it is deployed. And to add to the mystery, the steps 5-8 are doing the exactly same thing to a different file in the same location, and those steps execute fine.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2013-02-28 : 00:26:36
check if account running package have access to path where you try to dump the file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Server MVP
http://visakhm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -