I'm fairly new at all this but I know a little, I've recently taken over our database from a guy who designed it and I've been tasked with adding a part name to our database. It is aspx format and I've managed to add the line item to the aspx file:
I've also added Wipers to the table in sql. That part seems OK.
Now when I open a ticket for a repair the part name Wipers is not shown against the part name field but the value 24 is shown and I cannot work out why it is not picking up the value I added Wipers.
I hope this makes sense and I'm sure it is something really simple but I'm tearing my hair out here :O
Thanks for your reply but unfortunately the database set up is not quite like this. For example the front end has this line:
With 1-24 and their is a sql table called TblPartList with 3 columns PartID PartName and Discontinued now 24 is populated in PartID and PartName has Wipers typed in. The bit that gets screwed up is when I create a new ticket where it picks up the Part name and for some reason uses the PartID 24...I have 23 other part names and they all list perfectly but I do not know if there is a sql procedure I have to further update as the new ticket is looking.