Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 SSIS-Package Config.-Store Client Cert. in SQL TAB

Author  Topic 

bsethi24
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-18 : 13:05:02
Dear All,

Hi! I have a requirement to download Access file from HTTPS server using Client Certificate. To achieve the same I designed a SSIS package with HTTP Connection Manager and supply the Client Certificate in it by ticking "Use Client Certificate".

Now, the problem is I have 3 different environments (Development, Testing & Production) with their dedicated servers. On all these 3 I need to open Package & re-select the Client Certificate in "HTTP Connection Manager".

Is there any solution to store the Client Certificate in SQL Server & use it via SSIs -> Package Configurations -> Configuration Type = SQL SERVER.

So that there will be no need to open & edit SSIS package. Instead of this we need to just populate CLIENT Certificate row in SQL Server table & use that value for the "Client Certificate" in HTTP Connection Manager.

Please provide the complete code / solution as I don't know the coding.

yosiasz
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1635 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-18 : 21:07:22
Do you not want to use config files to point it to different locations per environ. You have to either way for your db connections to change per environment.
if you want to use a db to save all of your configs then I would create a sproc and call that sproc that returns all your connection values and assign to ssis variables.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
If you don't have the passion to help people, you have no passion
Go to Top of Page

bsethi24
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-19 : 03:55:00
Dear yosiasz,

Can you please explain how to achieve storing Client Certificate by using SQL Server table & SProc?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -