Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2008)
 When was alert created?

Author  Topic 

denis_the_thief
Aged Yak Warrior

596 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-26 : 14:17:09
We have this alert. The Alert is associated to a job (i.e. the response is set to a job).

Is there anyway to find out when this job was created? I looked at sysalerts but I did not see much there. I couldn't get much information from the job history since it was set at 100 max and this was maxed out.

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-26 : 14:25:46
use msdb;
go
select date_created from sysjobs where name = 'name of job here';
Go to Top of Page

denis_the_thief
Aged Yak Warrior

596 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-26 : 15:52:19
Thanks. But I guess that is the date the Job was created, I am wondering when the alert was created.

What I am wondering is if the alert existed last week. Since the job the alert is associated to is maxed to 100 entries in the job history, it is only going back a day and a bit. Each entry in the log is saying the Alert triggered the job but since it happened about 100 times in the last day or so, I can't tell if this was going on last week. Just now, I upped the max history job records to 500 per job so that will help going forward.
Go to Top of Page

denis_the_thief
Aged Yak Warrior

596 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-26 : 16:02:37
I see my O.P. says when this "job" was created. Sorry, I meant Alert.
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-26 : 17:26:51
No way I know of for certain.

Might check the default trace to see if an alert was created the last few days, but I'm not altogether sure that is captured.

If it calls a SQL Agent job, then seems somewhat likely the job was created to support the alert.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -