Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 Creating Parameters for drill down charts in SSRS

Author  Topic 

geethachetan
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2013-04-03 : 02:02:31
Am trying to build simple drill down Column charts in SSRS which uses SSAS (Cube) as a datasource:

Requirment: To give users an option to select the fiscal year which will publish the Quarter on Quarter Margin Performance for the selected year

Once this chart is published, user should have an option to click on a particular quarter and get further details on month on month's margin performance.

I have built the first chart successfully using the below query:

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[Margin Attnmt] AS [Measures].[Net Margin]/[Measures].[Margin Goal] SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Margin Goal], [Measures].[Net Mar], [Measures].[Margin Attnmt] } ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { ([Calendar].[FISC QTR].[FISC QTR].ALLMEMBERS * [Site].[Site].[Site].ALLMEMBERS * [Calendar].[FISC YR].[FISC YR].ALLMEMBERS ) } DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS FROM ( SELECT ( { [Segment].[Final Department].&[NEQ]&[CORE] } ) ON COLUMNS FROM ( SELECT ( STRTOSET(@CalendarFISCYR, CONSTRAINED) ) ON COLUMNS FROM [REVGEN])) WHERE ( [Segment].[Final Department].&[NEQ]&[CORE] ) CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, FONT_NAME, FONT_SIZE, FONT_FLAGS

With this dataset - users get a drop down with year filter - once the year is chosen the four quarters performance is populated -- am good so far.

Now the next step is to create a drill down chart - allow users to click on any given quarter which will display the quarter's month-on-month performance:

i tried to build the query with Year & Quarter as a parameter using below query:

SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Margin Goal], [Measures].[Net Margin] } ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { ([Calendar].[FISC MTH].[FISC MTH].ALLMEMBERS * [Calendar].[FISC QTR].[FISC QTR].ALLMEMBERS * [Calendar].[FISC YR].[FISC YR].ALLMEMBERS * [Site].[Site].[Site].ALLMEMBERS ) } DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION, MEMBER_UNIQUE_NAME ON ROWS FROM ( SELECT ( STRTOSET(@CalendarFISCQTR, CONSTRAINED) ) ON COLUMNS FROM ( SELECT ( { [Segment].[Final Department].&[NEQ]&[CORE] } ) ON COLUMNS FROM ( SELECT ( STRTOSET(@CalendarFISCYR, CONSTRAINED) ) ON COLUMNS FROM [REVGEN]))) WHERE ( [Segment].[Final Department].&[NEQ]&[CORE] ) CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, FONT_NAME, FONT_SIZE, FONT_FLAGS

after i build this query -- even for the primary report, it forces us to select a quarter. i want the quarter parameter to be activated only once the primary chart is published.

from the primary chart - i have set series proporties to go this 2nd chart and given parameter as @CalendarFISCQTR & [FISC QTR].unique value..inspite of this when the user clicks on a given quarter in the first (Primary chart) it throws up a error @CalendarFISCQTR

could someone pls help in making me understand what am i doing wrong here..

Geetha

- Advertisement -