Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2012)
 Full-text Search Configuration Help Needed
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NW7US
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  10:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have created substitution thesaurus entries for the following:

Pair: 1/2, half
Pair: 1/3, third
Pair: 1/4, quarter
Pair: 1/8, eighth

When I do a search with a search term such as, "1/2 inch pipe" I should get back rows that contain "1/2" as well as "half". I have two such rows. However, with default full-text search out of the box, it seems that "1/2" is not included in the results of the full-text indexing on the column in question.

I have not yet found a definitive answer as to what, where, how to configure a re-indexing of the full-text columns such that the full-text search criteria includes allowing 1/2, 1/3, etc. For that matter, I also need single numbers in the full-text search.

The use of like is not an option in my case. Surely other people are using data that contains fractions in the form of 1/2, etc., in full-text indexing.

I cannot use LIKE, nor can I change the data in the table(s). I have to find a way to configure the Full-text indexing and also insert pairs into the Thesaurus.

If someone could guide me to some documentation that covers the steps by which I can accomplish this task, I would greatly appreciate it.

--
Tomas / amateur radio NW7US
http://NW7US.us
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000