Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Sending Email not working

Author  Topic 

Grifter
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

274 Posts

Posted - 2013-05-08 : 06:46:29
Hi

I am trying to send an email from database mail and I keep getting this in my mail log:

quote:
The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 6 (2013-05-08T11:38:16). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx). )

Contacted support desk at my work and they gave me another server to use, but still get the same error. they said if you are trying to send as authenticated then turn that off as it's not needed but stil get error.

My test email is trying to send to my own work email account via the work email server.

My DB is on my local machine SQL Server 2005, and my local machine is on the work domain

What else could be the problem?

Thanks

G

Grifter
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

274 Posts

Posted - 2013-05-08 : 07:00:56
the problem been identified it is the McAfee anti-virus. if you have similar on your PC got to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection\AccessProtectionlog.txt

and look for a log entry like this:

quote:
08/05/2013 11:38:16 Blocked by port blocking rule c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Binn\DatabaseMail90.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx

Go to Top of Page

prett
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2013-05-16 : 02:20:46
This error message usually occur because the url to the mail server is incorrect, or there's no connectivity at all.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -